Paris Part Un - Montmartre



It's been a year since I went to Paris and I finally found the time during the unlikely period of finals to upload some photos. I know it's such a cliché but Paris really was the city of my dreams. It was everything I had imagined it to be and more. The wafting scent of buttery pastries from the bakery round the corner, people sitting in la belle epoque-esque cafes people-watching from behind the rims of their coffee cups and Haussmannian buildings gracing the pavements of every avenue. Perfectly symmetrical gardens, grey blue tin roofs as far as the eye could see, the promise of spring in the air (and beautiful people all around - seriously, no one is ugly in Paris haha.)



Montmartre was my favourite quartier of the city. In the words of this french lady I met on a train who lived there, "Montmartre est charmante, non? C'est un peu bobo. (Montmartre is charming, no? It's a little bohemian.)" I loved the vibe of it. For one, I had a really good sandwich there at Gustave's and we spotted a beautiful tabby cat soundly asleep on a mint green vespa - come on, where else could this happen? We found the cafe that Amélie was filmed in as well as the grocery store that she frequented. We definitely weren't the only ones with that idea - tourists were flocking Le Café des deux moulins! The art market was lovely as was the Sacré-Cœur, a gem sitting atop Montmartre. It was the start of a beautiful week. 

x