Paris II


Before arriving at the pastry heaven that they call Paris, I made a very detailed google map of places and things to eat. This list was the culmination of hours of research spent trawling blogs, instagrams, website hitlists and magazine recommendations (what I was actually doing instead of writing my essays). One of the spots that was most frequently-cited was La pâtisserie des rêves which when translated to English, means The patisserie of dreams. What an apt name because I had a Paris-Brest so perfectly nutty and creamy that I was sure it wasn't real. Definitely worth a trip if you're ever in paris (check out their other outlets - they have plenty). What followed was a walk through the city in mild sunshine just soaking up the city's beauty. 


Ended the day at Happy Nouilles. I know, who the heck comes to Paris to eat Asian food?! But when a bowl of noodles costs 75DKK (15 dollars) in the city you're based in, you take every chance you get to get cheaper Asian food. And it was delicious. :-)